Accepting an Option Grant
When a company issues you an Option Grant, you will receive an email notification that includes the option number in the subject line.
After opening the email, click 'Log in.' If you have an active Carta account, log in and skip to step 2. Here is the direct link: https://carta.com/accounts/login/
Note: The acceptance language used within the email will change based on the security type.
1. If you do not have a Carta account, you have to click on "Accept on Carta" and a tab will open with the registration page. The e-mail address field will be auto-populated with the e-mail that you received the grant. You have to enter a secondary e-mail and create a password in order to complete the registration.
Carta passwords must be sufficiently complex. We use the realistic password strength estimation to validate complexity of user passwords. Passwords must be:
- Sufficiently long, around 9 characters or more
- Sufficiently complex, which may include upper case, lower case, numbers, and symbols
- Cannot contain common passwords
- Cannot contain common dictionary words or common phrases
- Cannot contain common patterns, such as 123456
Once you create an account, you can go ahead and sign in. An activation e-mail will be sent to your secondary e-mail, but you do not need to activate the secondary one in order to accept your grant. Note that you will be able to log in using both emails after you activate the secondary.
2. Once you are logged in, review all the information and click on the "Accept" green button.
3. Type your signature in the popup. If your signature is already in the system, enter it and then click 'Accept Option Grant.'
Congratulations! You have accepted your security!
From now on, you can log into your Carta account at any time to review it. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
**If the "Accept on Carta" button, contained in the acceptance email, is not responsive, you can navigate to www.carta.com, click on "Accept a Security", copy the unique code, create an account and accept your grant.**
Recommended browsers for optimal performance are Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.