Accepting securities using the Carta mobile app
When a company issues a security, equity holders will receive an email. Click on the acceptance email, and it will take you to the Carta website.
1. If you do not have the Carta mobile app, click on '"Download on the App Store' to download it.
2. Once you have downloaded and opened the Carta mobile app, select 'Get Started'.
3. Enter your email address.
If you already have an account, you will be taken to log in and skip to Step 7.
4. Enter the six-digit code that has been emailed to you.
5. Enter your personal information: First name & Last name, and click 'Next'.
6. Create a password.
As of Feb 2019, Carta no longer has specific restrictions on the passwords, rather Carta uses an intelligent algorithm to determine the strength of a password. When a user enters their password, they will get an indication of the strength. Their password needs to be considered "good" by the algorithm for them to continue.
Once you get the 'good' or 'strong' message, you will be able to click on the 'Next' button and click 'Go to Carta'.
7. After creating an account (or logging in), you will be able to see your pending tasks and accept your security:
Click on the security.
8. Review your security information.
9. Sign and accept your security.
10. Congratulations! You have accepted your security!