Updating the Cap Table after a Financing Round
Congratulations! You just closed a financing round and now you are ready to update your cap table on Carta.
- Upload the amended Articles of Incorporation (AOI) in the Company > Library page, shown here.
- Create the new share class with the details from the AOI in the Securities > Shares page > "manage share classes" > "create new share class", shown here.
- Update the authorized count from the Securities > Shares page > "manage share classes" > "manage authorized", shown here.
- Next, you can draft the shares individually or in bulk to send to the ledger.
- If needed, you can link Notes to the draft certificates to be converted as shown in (A) here.