What data will I need to provide to complete a 409A valuation?
In order to get started with your 409A valuation, you will need to provide information in the 409A request form found in the Compliance > 409A page.
1. Request details
- Valuation date (see How do I choose a valuation date for my 409A?)
- A charge of $1,750 applies to historical valuations dated six or more months in the past.
- Previous valuation date (if not your company's first 409A)
2. Company details
- CEO and point of contact for 409A
- External audit and law firms
- Number of employees and company performance
- Amended and restated articles of incorporation
3. Comparable companies
- At least two relevant public comparable companies (see How do I select Guideline Public Companies for 409A?)
- The fastest way to add your company's current financials is to connect your Xero or QuickBooks account. Alternatively, you can input your financials manually.
- Projected financials
- Income statement and balance sheet
5. Valuation details
- Recent and planned financing rounds
- Expected number of options to be granted at new fair market value
- Secondary transactions
6. Review and submit
- Confirm valuation date, cap table and financials are accurate
- Once you submit the request, you will receive an email with your 409A submission confirmation followed by another email within 24 hours with a link to your valuation analyst's calendar to schedule a 15-minute kick-off call.
- Standard turnaround time after the kick-off call is 15-20 business day