Two-factor authentication prevents anyone else from accessing or using your account, even if they have your password. Corporate editors can require company viewers, editors and legal administrators (see the company's Access page for the list of users) to set up two-factor authentication from their company's setting page for extra security.
1. Navigate to 'Settings' under Company
2. Then toggle on 'Require two-factor authentication' in the 'Settings' tab.
How two-factor authentication works
Once two-factor authentication is set up, it's easy to log into Carta.
- Enter your login and password as usual.
- A code will be sent to your phone by text message.
- Enter the code to access your account.
Setting up two-factor authentication
1. To set up two-factor authentication on your account, scroll to the top right-hand navigation bar, and click 'Profile and Security.'
2. Select 'Enable' next to the two-factor authentication row.
3. Select an authentication method via Authentication app (step 4) or Text Message (step 5 - 8).
4. Register your 2FA device (for authentication app).
Note: you can download the "Authy" app in order to complete this process.
5. Select your country and enter your phone number (for text message authentication).
Note: The phone number must be SMS-capable. You can not use landline or web-based (VOIP) phone services for two-factor verification.
6. Then enter a six-digit code will be sent to the phone number entered for verification.
7. Download backup codes in case you lose access to the phone number.
We suggest keeping back up codes in a secure place in your home, office, or other location.
What if I no longer have access to my trusted device?
If you can't access your trusted device, you can still access your account using your password and back up codes. You should then verify the new device as soon as possible. If you do not have access to your back up codes, please contact us at email@example.com.