"How do I accept a fund commitment?"
1. When an investment firm grants you access to your fund commitment on Carta, you will receive an email notification from email@example.com, with a subject similar to “Krakatoa Ventures Fund I, L.P. welcomes Emily Wilson to Carta”. If you do not have an existing Carta account, please follow the steps detailed in this article.
2. After opening the email, click ‘Accept invitation’ to create your new Carta account and authorize access to your investment and all accompanying fund performance metrics, documents and correspondences.
3. After clicking "Accept invitation", you will be prompted to provide the following details: First name, Last name, one additional email, and a password (9+ characters, must include upper case, lower case, numbers, and symbols).The default email address will be auto-populated.
4. Once you create your Carta account and successfully log in, you will be routed to the “Tasks” page. To accept the fund commitment, press the green “Accept” button which will open up the “Accept fund commitment” modal.
5. Review the information in this modal, then type your signature and click "Accept fund commitment" to complete the confirmation process
Please note: Documents posted by the inviting fund will not be accessible on Carta until your fund commitment is confirmed. This is a one-time confirmation. You will be alerted by email from Carta for future documents shared via this platform.
If you already have a Carta account:
1. If you have an existing Carta account, please log in using your Carta credentials.
2. If you have forgotten your password, click "Forgot password?" on the login screen (https://app.carta.com/accounts/login/) or use this link: https://app.carta.com/accounts/password/reset/