Uploading Multiple Files
The Multiple Files importer is used to import specific files for investors. To upload a single file, read here.
Accessing the multiple files importer
You can upload investor documents on Carta either through the Partner Documents Tab or the Setup Page.
Partner Documents Tab
1. To upload investor documents first navigate to the applicable fund.
2. Select 'Partner documents' under Investors.
3. Click 'Upload Documents,' then select 'Multiple files'.
4. Download the template.
1. To upload investor documents you can navigate to the set up page under Account.
2. Download the template.
Filling out the Template and Sharing
1. Open the Template in Excel. Both the Partner and Fund Name columns will be pre-populated when you download the template. If you need to add more than one document per investor you can copy and paste the investor and fund name into the next open row and add the additional document (See multiple Krakatoa Management Company, LLC copied below). Select the Document Type from the drop-down menu in the worksheet. The Document Name and Date display in the Investor's Document's section.
Note: The File Name should match the file name of the document you are uploading. The file extension is required (example: Q218LPUpdate.pdf).
2. Upload the completed document upload template along with the .zip file containing all of the files to be uploaded in either the Partner documents tab or Setup page.
3. Once the document upload has been completed, you will need to send the documents to your investors by clicking the checkbox next to their name and clicking 'Actions' then 'Send documents.'
4. After clicking 'Send documents' you will have the option to send the statement to the investor.
5. A popup window will appear where you can include a message to your investors before sending the documents. Select 'Send' to distribute the documents to your investors.
If you experience any issues while uploading documents, feel free to reach out to email@example.com for assistance.